Stream preference in TCS at ILP

Hello Friends,

www.tcspreparation.com

What to do now??

Which one is better ??

What should I choose ?? 

Can I survive with coding ?? 

Which stream has more projects ??


I think, everyone received stream preference option at their #Aspire portal. This is very important part of your TCS career. Because, it would decide you that in which department/technology, you are going to make your career. And I also know that you all don't have much idea about these technology. So, here... I would like to share my opinion according to projects requirements.

I am from 2014 batch and I am providing here information about streams based on ILP experience. Last year we are not given option to choose but this year I heard that you can choose... So let's check this...

*** Java and MS.Net ***

Java and .net are good for CS/IT students as they deal with coding concepts. Non CS people if you are interested in coding then you can choose it. Do not worry even if you are bad at coding.They will train you well in ILP. It has more projects in Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata (Less projects in Delhi comparatively to other location).

*** Unix/C++ ***

This stream is good for both CS and Non CS students as they involve Unix basics, oracle database, Data structures, C++ and UML. This stream has more projects in Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Chennai.

*** BIPM ***

It deals with databases and data ware housing concepts. It is good for Non CS students as well because they don't have much idea in coding. This stream has more projects in Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata.

*** Mainframes ***

Challenging stream.Tough compared to other streams. There is no differentiation between CS and Non CS here. Everyone is same. It is new to both of them. It has more projects in Kolkata, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore and Kochi.

*** Testing ***

People either CS/Non CS who are not interested in coding and interested in testing the functionalities can take it. It is further divided into manual and automatic. You need to learn working of automatic testing tools and use them. Here also there is no much differentiation between CS and Non CS. This stream has more projects in Bhubneshwar, Kolkata, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi. 

*** Enstol ***


Entsol is mixture of unix, java and oracle..Oracle apps also included in it. ENTOSOL anyone can take. There is no required that only CSE/IT students will take.

*** SAP ***

SAP includes building large application. It is expansion to java. Growth opportunities are more in this field. SAP better to take CSE/IT students as it involves more coding. 

If you have any doubt regarding this, then you comment here... I would like to reply you.

Contributed by:- Bhagat Chaitanya and Me.

You can also like us at Facebook page... www.facebook.com/tcspreparation

Comments

  1. I am a CS student and do not like coding ,I would like to prepare alongwith ILP.Which stream should be better for me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.Otherwise any one who want to learn java core to advance contact us on 9311002620 or visit our further websites;- https://htsindia.com/Courses/java/core-java-training-course-institute

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not selected any stream preference and submitted the offer letter ....will i be able to change my preference....if not which stream will they allot me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I've also not selected any stream just selected locations and submitted the letter! Do they give chance again to update Streams??

      Delete
  5. i love coding in c++ but dont want to stuck with databases, what should i choose?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Electrical student I don't know more coding and all so which is better for me to choose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which technologies does BIPM and Enstol uses?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm give the stream preference but they allocate CBO stream but I don't know about CBO stream. Please explain CBO stream and benefits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, how's your training going in CBO stream?.I would appreciate if you share some of technologies they taught you during training period.

      Delete
    2. I also get CBO Stream please tell me about this

      Delete
  9. I'm a statistics student and want to get into data science carrier in the future and I got tcs as my 1st opportunity. Obviously I dont want to get settled with this I will go into data science domain soon. so which stream should I choose so that it benefits my data science carrier instead of diverting me from it

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have got EAS stream is it best for me as a fresher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do you wanna ask me some thing???

Popular posts from this blog

How to do resign TCS (TCS resignation formality)

Swapping base locations in TCS

What is IRA (Initial Readiness Assessment) in TCS